December is the best month to visit London with lots of festivals and to celebrate Christmas and New Year in the capitol.
Main point of the holiday season in London is Trafalgar Square with the biggest capital’s Christmas tree.
Another famous December events in London
- Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park – ice skating 17 December – 01 January
- Southbank Centre’s Wintertime Festival 10 November-4 January
- The Greenwich Wintertime Festival 1-31 December
- Christmas in Leicester Square 10 Nov-7 Jan
- Christmas at Kew – festival 22 Nov-1 Jan
- and Magical Lantern Festival in Chiswick Gardens 24 Nov-1 Jan
More our recommendation how to spend Christmas in London
- Meet the Reindeer at Covent Garden – Real life reindeer are brought to Covent Garden every year for visitor’s to see.
- Trafalgar Square Carolling – Listen to Christmas carolling in Trafalgar Square between 4 pm and 8 pm on weekdays and between 2 pm and 6 pm on weekends.
- Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace – you must see it.
- See the Christmas Lights in London – This season as every year many beautiful Christmas lights all over London. Particularly along the shopping streets of Oxford Street, Regent Street, Carnaby Street and Bond Street and Covent Garden.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve in London – London is one of the best cities in the world to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Let’s come and enjoy fun events, fantastic fireworks and wonderful music and dancing.